Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I did it!!!
I completed the whole 15.2km run without stopping to walk! That was my goal, just to keep going. I knew I wouldnt get a good time because I am not a very fast runner but I just wanted to jog the whole thing. And I got my time today (from the paper) 1 hour, 35 mins and 42 seconds. I am really pleased with that. I remember not even being able to jog for 30 seconds on the treadmill. I thought that I would never be able to run, but the more you do it, the better you get at it. Anybody can do it! And when someone said to me today "I'd never be able to do that" I just said "I used to say that, and look where I am now". Its definately mind over matter, if you think you cant, then you wont! I felt such a rush of relief when I crossed the finsh line and I felt I could have kept going. It was a good day, for us and for the kids. Will post more later when I get time.

5 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Well done Liz, that's a great achievement. I am going through the exact same thing at the moment. Never thought i could run, but now can run 4 km's and am aiming for 12 km's by September for our City - Bay funrun. Congrats and don't worry about the time. This will improve. It's a great achievement running the entire 15 km's with out stopping. 1 hr, 35 mins is a long time to run continuely.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl. Fantastic effort. Knew you would be able to do it. All mind over matter.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Simlin said...

I'd be happy with that time...not slow at all.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger LizN said...

Awesome job Liz :) Thanks for visiting my blog again. I'll link you up so I can join in your fun too :)

Hugs
The Other Liz

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Congratulations Liz! And you were worried? I told you you'd do it, no problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home