Saturday, March 10, 2007

Oh no, I'm fading......

I woke up this morning perfectly fine and went to train the girls at the park. We had a lovely session with lots of laughs and a good workout and now, whaddyaknow? I'm sick!! It just started coming on about an hour ago, and when I first felt that funny feeling of an itchy/tickling back of the throat I ran to the fridge to pump myself full of whatever I could find (Vitamin C powder, multivitamins etc) and shoved a few down my gob. I know what you are thinking, I should have been taking them already but I was just so sick of pills since last year....well, I've managed to avoid illness until now and its March. So that serves me right! Hopefully it goes away, QUICK!
Anyway, I was just worrying last night about this Run for the kids because when you train for an event I think its a good idea to actually attempt the full distance at least once before race day. Well, looking at this training program, the most we ever will do is 14km (1.2km short of the race distance) and that's scheduled for tomorrow. I'm seriously panicking now because I will probably miss the session if I'm feeling like this and I dont really get time during the week to run that far.
Oh well, on a better note, I am sore in the shoulders and hamstrings from yesterday's session so that's good. I think I better go and rest now - I'm feeling a bit run down and soon I'll have the kids (daughter and husband) yelling for their dinner. SIR YES SIR!

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz, hope you are feeling better. I found that the buzz of the event helps you with the extra km's you might not have run in training. i never ran further than 18km for my half marathon. Just believe that you can and you will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home