Friday, November 17, 2006

Today I ran like I've never run before! Only because I was being chased by a dog though - you think you're going as fast as you can but adrenalin kicks in and you run for your life. I decided to go for a run after I trained my client at 7am. I do this run in Doncaster which is a mix of steep hills and smaller ones and a couple flats in between. It normally takes 46 minutes to do the whole thing but today I saw this dog come out of a driveway heading straight towards me. (Needless to say I'm definately not a dog person - big, small, whatever, I just dont like them) Something just clicked inside and although I was puffing hard from just completing my second hill I just put it in first gear and sprinted as fast as I could (thankyou HIIT treadmill sprints). The damn dog just kept coming! After a while it must have gotten tired or bored coz I looked back and saw it whimpering away. I barely finished the rest of the run and checked my watch - I had cut the time down by 6 mins! I doubt I'll be able to match that again but I'm spewing I didnt have my heart rate monitor on!
Oh well, the weeks almost over but I have the group session tomorrow and I think it will be five women plus me so I have to be real organised. Last time I had so much stuff I needed help to get it from the carpark. I need to buy one more set of boxing mitts and pads coz I only have two sets and also another set of dumbells so I have five. Weather will hopefully be good - it better be after the week we've had. Training OK and food better this week so fingers crossed for at least four kilos gone by Xmas. Need to fit in more cardio - I skipped a couple sessions this week but will make it up on the weekend. I'll probably play centre at netball on sunday to get a better cardio workout. Oh, that reminds me! Just heard that that rough team I always go on about has been banned from playing in our competition again! That's so funny! The indoor sports place received a lot of complaints from other teams and players- promise it wasnt me! Suffer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home