Monday, April 09, 2007

WEEK OFF = NOT GOOD

Well, that's it! There is no more chocolate or hot cross buns in the house and my "crap-free" zone is back to normal. Had a fair bit of chocolate and other sweets in the past three days but now its all gone so back to clean eating now. There is a reason why I dont keep any junk in the house and now I have been reminded - in a BIG way. I feel CRAP! How the hell did I used to consume these things in large quantities on a daily basis? Anyway, I've just cooked up my vegies and a big batch of soup for the week. I'm also defrosting some chicken to go with it so the week's meals are all in order.
I had planned to take it easy in the cardio department last week after having done the long run but I didnt plan on doing NO weights at all. Things just went crazy and I skipped all sessions. Woops! That's not the worst part - I only drank 1.5 litres of water a day instead of 2.5L. Its too late to change it now - I'll just have to live with my stupidity. I still did a Body Attack class this morning but not the weights. Back to normal as of tomorrow though and hopefully the lack of resistance work over the past week will give me a more severe case of DOMS for this week.
Most of my clients are away this week so I only have to work on Thursday at the studio. I still have to go to the other work though. Also, we have a barbecue on Thursday night to go to, a wedding on Saturday and another wedding on Sunday! It will be a good test of my willpower! Actually, I'm not too worried because BBQs are fairly easy to find something good to eat, and there will be too much running around for the weddings to have time to eat too much. My 4 year old will be going to her first hairdressing appointment on Saturday morning. I have never cut her hair so it hangs down around her bum. She wants her hair done "like Barbie" for the wedding. Its a close family member so she will be part of the bridal party. She is so excited - she has been taking the card that the hairdresser gave her with her name and appointment time on it everywhere, she wont let it go!
Anyway, better get off the puter now. I think its time to re-focus and write down some short term goals for the next few weeks.

5 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Kek said...

A week off won't kill you, Liz - I do it maybe a couple of times a year. It's nice to have a break, but the payback of extra soreness after your first workout isn't so nice....

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Simlin said...

"Hair Like Barbie"
Is that where the "hairdresser" cuts off all the hair and just leaves a little bushy stump?
that's how all my sisters barbie used to be :)

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Kristy said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter Liz :) I know i'm in the same boat too much food and not enough exercise, but back on track today! We need to treat ourselves a couple of times a year.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger liz said...

LOL at simlin, what a crack up!! I remember that so well!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger LizN said...

Rest can be restorative and fire us up to raise the bar even higher. I have two kids so Easter Eggs are a part of life :)

Hugs
Liz;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home