Wednesday, April 11, 2007

HOW RUDE!!
I went to the supermarket as planned to buy the ingredients I previously mentioned. I went to the checkout with 2 blocks of dark chocolate, a tub of cream, 3 flake chocolate bars, 3 packets of butternut snap biscuits and a tub of cottage cheese. The cottage cheese was weight watchers brand and I got it because it was on special (not because I'm on weight watchers). Aaaaanyway, the checkout lady takes a look at my goods, then casts a disapproving eye over me and says: "Why do you even bother, weight watchers and all this chocolate?" I couldnt believe what I was hearing! She obviously thought I was some kind of binge eater! I politely explained that I was making dessert for someone and then I thought "Hang on! I dont have to explain my purchases to THIS woman!!" I mean, we all do it - check out the contents of people's trolleys and silently judge their eating habits, but I certainly dont confront someone about what is clearly their choice of lifestyle! I just thought this was outright rude and afterwards I felt like going back and slapping her!! Grrr!

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people have no tact. And who is she to judge she has no idea of what you have achieved. And in answer to your question yes I am working with my bad knee. So if I have a bad day my PT clients (all 2) suffer, but in a good way.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kek said...

Well, I would have made the obvious assumption that you were baking something special.


Bloody rude, really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home