Wednesday, April 18, 2007




Boohoo! I had a bit of an embarrassing accident. I was trying to get my oats out of the microwave this morning when the bowl slipped out of my hands and all over the floor. But on its way it burned my left hand, left breast (how embarrassing), lower stomach, left thigh and left foot. I feel like such a dill while I sit here typing with one hand and the other is sitting in a bowl of iced water. I've had to cancel today's and tomorrow's sessions at work because of the throbbing pain and blistering on my hand. There's no way I would be able to lift anything. Well, the good news is I can still use the treadmill at home and do bodyweight squats and other stuff. I'm glad my foot and leg are not as bad because then I wouldnt be able to wear runners. I'm too embarrassed to post any pictures of my injuries so instead I will post pics of my weekend. The first one is of me and hubby (poor bugger has lost most of his hair) at edding No. 1. The second is of my daughter and a friend's daughter at same wedding. The third is of a friend, me and my brother in law at wedding No. 2. The distraction of typing is not helping me so I'm off to find some painkillers. Should've just had toast!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Cherub said...

Embarrasing accidents - don't ya just love 'em!!

Well done on your run, thinking of doing the Sydney city to surf later this year. Any hints and tips. I will have to up it a bit, my runs are not usually more than 5k.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Well, console yourself with the fact that you look very sexy in that first photo! Maybe that will take your mind off the pain.

Burns suck, hope they heal fast.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds painful. Hope that the painkillers work. Look great in the photo's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home