Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BIG NEWS!

Well, I finally had enough of working days AND evenings and I cant weasle out of the day job (because its family) so I have let my boss know that I wont be working there after this week. Not only do I prefer not to work evenings because I only see my family on weekends now, but there were a few issues regarding the employment contract (Kerryn knows what I mean) which pushed me over the edge. To cut a long story short, he wanted me to agree to certain changes that wouldnt really be of benefit to me in the long run. Well, at least he seemed understanding (to my face anyway). The weird thing is, I dont think he will be replacing me and just prefers to lose the clients. Oh well, thats up to him. I told him if he could give me more hours during the day I would stay but he wasnt prepared to give them up to me. So, that's that I guess.
I guess in this industry you have to be prepared to work hours in which people are most available (ie. early mornings and evenings/weekends) and I just want to be at home in the evenings. I think it may be something to do with winter and S.A.D symptoms. Not that we spend quality time with one another - I usually muck about on the net, my daughter watches Nick Jnr on Foxtel and hubby just does whatever.
Now, I'm off to make tonights dinner, jump on the spin bike for a HIIT session and then shower and go to work (second last day). I feel liberated for some reason....

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Yay for making the decision, Liz! The man's a twit - he should have offered you double the money to hang onto you.

As for working in the fitness industry with hours that suit you, I have a feeling that something good is just around the corner....

;-)

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you. Enjoy the time with the family. Something good is out there for you.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger LizN said...

Hey Liz,
I totally agree with Kek, good things are around the corner for you for sure.

Hugs
Liz;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home