Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm baaaaack!
Being away from your computer for a couple weeks is definately harder than I thought! Getting through all those emails, reading blogs and visiting all my usual sites for updates has taken aaages!
My Broadbeach holiday was great, had a great time although had a few hiccups. Started out great though, was going to the gym and walking heaps for the first couple days - even conquered my fear of swimming pools! Day three woke up with terrible lower back pain and could hardly walk, spent the next few days in the spa and walking gingerly around the hotel. Dont know if it was the new sandals I bought or whether I just overdid it in the gym but it was horrible and reminded me of my old fat days when I had permanent back pain. After I recovered slightly (by wearing my specially fitted runners everywhere - I'm a severe pronator) I came down with a severe rash on my body from the sun I think because it was only in places that were exposed. The salt water of the beach and the chlorine from the pool probably made it worse and I may have had a reaction to the sunscreen I was using too - how else can I explain it was only on my abdomen, back and legs which are places that dont normally see the light of day in Melbourne. I dont know, anyway, it wasnt pleasant. I managed to put on two kilos while over there but they have already come off again probably due to all the extra carbs I was having. Back to work tomorrow-it went sooo fast that I didnt get time to appreciate the spare time. I didnt really have a break from my other work apart from the nine days. Did I mention I hate working nights?
Have to come up with a new program now for myself as the Afterburn one was really good but probably too hard on my back so until I recover fully I will have to go a bit easy on things like squats and plyometrics. Better do that tonight before I hit the sack so I'm all ready for tomorrow.
Did I mention that we have won the last two games of netball? Its a miracle of some sort! Even though I didnt play in the most recent win it was still good. Tonights game has been cancelled due to the other team pulling out. Bit disappointing as I wanted to get in a bit of extra cardio but good because I want to watch the Men's Final in the tennis. I guess its OK because we walked heaps today when we went to the shops - 50mins one way, then we window shopped for about an hour, had lunch and then walked back which took only 45 mins because there were less hills. Now I'm about to get dinner ready and catch up on some more washing (the neverending story) before heading to the couch to watch the tennis - should be good.
Also have to think about planning a party for my daughter's 4th birthday which is on the 9th. Want something with minimum fuss but still enjoyable for her, maybe at a play centre or a restaurant with something amusing for the kids, or a picnic. Hmmm, must think about that one.............

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your back is on the mend and that you find a program that works for you. Well Done on dropping the holiday kg's. Good luck with netball

 

Post a Comment

<< Home