Friday, September 22, 2006

In two days time, me and six other people will be embarrassing ourselves in front of the whole stadium. Yes, its our first netball match. Many of us havent played before at all and others havent played for 15-20 years so it should be interesting to say the least! Hubby and I went to watch last week just to see how tough the competition is but we were dismayed when even the fittest looking people came off the court panting. O-oh! We're in trou-ble! The court is surrounded by nets so the ball is never out of play like traditional netball, it is pretty much non stop. But dont worry, we were assured, you get a break at half time. Oh thats alright then, how long 10 minutes? 15? No! A measly ONE MINUTE! Thats not even enough time to walk off the court! If youre unlucky enough to be at the far end, by the time you get to the bench your time is up! Oh well, its all a bit of fun, we aren't expecting to win for at least 5 or 6 rounds so its all good. Our centre position pulled out so I had to recruit my boss Ange (personal trainer) to play. At least he's fit, fast and tall unlike the rest of us. I'm the second fittest so I will probably play GD or wing. The rest of us havent exercised in years and are all severely overweight so we'll see how long we last. We are trying to think of a good team name, how about the marshmallows or the good year blimps?
Tomorrow is the first of two weddings in a month, I have been saving myself all week in order to eat everything on the night. I love food and I'd rather be good during the week so I can eat a nice big dessert. I'll let u know how the weekend goes on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home